1. Drink a minimum of 2000 ml (equivalent to 8 cups of 8 oz. or 4 bottles of 16 oz.) of water every day.
2. Eat the rainbow: Choose a variety of fruits & vegetables every chance you get. Aim to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
Serving size chart:
1 med fruit = baseball size
½ cup of grapes = 16 grapes
1 cup of strawberries = 12 berries
1 cup of salad greens = baseball
1 cup carrots = about 12 baby carrots
1 cup cooked vegetables = baseball
3. Eat 3-6 oz of lean proteins such as salmon, baked skinless poultry, egg, or lentils at each meal.
4. Incorporate 1 tablespoon of a healthy oil such as olive, sesame, sunflower and almond into your diet per day.
5. Pop 1 oz of flax seeds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds in your yogurt, cereal or mouth for fun every day.
6. Get at least 8 hours of rest each night
7. Mediate. Pray. Live and Laugh every day.
For additional health information, visit www.myplate.gov